There are several types of dab rigs, each with its own unique features and benefits. Here are some of the most common types of dab rigs:
- Traditional dab rigs: These are the most basic types of dab rigs, consisting of a glass water pipe, a nail, and a dome. The nail is heated with a torch, and the concentrate is placed on the nail, which vaporizes the concentrate for inhalation.
- E-nails: E-nails are electronic dab rigs that use a heating element to vaporize the concentrate, eliminating the need for a torch. They are typically more expensive than traditional Dab Rigs, but they offer precise temperature control and consistent vapor production.
- Recyclers: Recyclers are dab rigs that recycle the water and vapor through a loop, which helps to cool and filter the vapor. This results in a smoother hit and better flavor.
- Banger hangers: Banger hangers are dab rigs that feature a banger nail that hangs from the joint, which helps to prevent spills and makes it easier to heat the nail.
- Dab pens: Dab pens are portable vaporizers that are designed for use with concentrates. They are small and discreet, making them ideal for on-the-go use.
- Nectar collectors: Nectar collectors are dab rigs that are designed for use with concentrates, such as wax or shatter. They typically feature a glass straw that is used to heat and inhale the concentrate directly from the container.
What type is the best?
Firstly, the type of dab rig that is best for you ultimately depends on your personal preferences, lifestyle, and budget.
Each type of dab rig has its own unique features and benefits. For example, traditional dab rigs are affordable and straightforward but require a torch to heat the nail. E-nails offer precise temperature control but can be more expensive. Recyclers offer a smoother hit, but can be more complicated to use and clean. Dab pens are portable and discreet, but may not offer the same vapour production as larger rigs.
It's important to do your own research, consider your needs and preferences, and consult with experienced dabbers to determine which type of dab rig is best for you. Additionally, be sure to invest in a high-quality rig and accessories to ensure a safe and enjoyable dabbing experience.
Should I go for an expensive dab rig when trying for the first time?
Generally speaking, if you are trying dabbing for the first time, it may not be necessary to invest in an expensive dab rig.
Dab rigs can range in price from relatively inexpensive to very expensive, depending on the materials, design, and features. While it is important to invest in a quality dab rig and accessories to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, you may want to consider starting with a more affordable option until you have more experience and a better understanding of your personal preferences.
In addition, you may want to consider borrowing or renting a dab rig before making a purchase. This will allow you to try dabbing without committing to an expensive investment upfront. Once you have more experience and knowledge of the different types of rigs, you can then decide if investing in a more expensive dab rig is worthwhile for you.